When using Navigation Updater, the “Portable Device Formatting Unsuccessful” error may be caused by a portable device, SD card, USB or SD card reader. Please refer to the following steps to resolve the issue.
1. Check the SD card lock settings
- If the switch on the left of the SD card is lowered, it is locked. If it is raised, it is unlocked.
- Slide the switch up and down multiple times before leaving the button raised (unlocked).
2. Disconnect SD card from PC, restart your PC, then try updating again
- Note: Safely remove your SD card from your PC to maximize your SD card lifespan.
Note: If the error still occurs, try using a different PC or SD card reader. If this problem persists, please contact us via chat portal or at 888-757-0010.